Monday, April 16, 2012

De-Icing Windshields

I figure I'll start simple here.

We have a 1 car garage, and truth be told, we usually don't have room to park an actual car in there. I blame Luke's various riding toys. Thus, leaving for work on a cold winter morning can be a major hassle when the windows are coated in a fine layer of frost. I was pretty darn excited to find this trick on Pinterest.

The Pin: How to De-Ice Car Windows

I bought a spray bottle and made the mixture of 3 parts vinegar, 1 part water. Now, to be fair, I haven't sprayed my windows the night before yet. I only tried spraying in the morning. However, the site says it should work in the morning as well!

The verdict? I was pretty dissapointed. The frost seemed to get thicker, if anything. There wasn't much melting. I suppose it made it a tad easier to scrape the frost off, but in the end I spent the same amount of time I normally would, sans vinegar. Plus, it made my car STINK. Yuck.

Perhaps next winter I'll try spraying the windows down the night before, but I've kind of lost faith in this method.

Grade: D

No comments:

Post a Comment