Monday, April 16, 2012

Cilantro Dressing

Let me just put this out here: I fail at cooking. I don't have much experience with it, I get easily confused*, and I don't particularly enjoy it. I'd much rather eat what other people have created. However, being a mom of 2, it's not entirely practical for me to never step into the kitchen, therefore I occasionally attempt the odd recipe or two.

I love love love cilantro. I heard somewhere that some people think it tastes like soap, because they lack the gene that allows them to smell the chemical that makes cilantro so delicious. Poor saps.

Anyhow, I saw a pin for a cilantro dressing, decided it might be something I could actually pull off.

The Pin: Cilantro Dressing

As promised, this recipe was incredibly easy (once I'd figured out what the heck a tomatillo was), and I don't have much to say about the overall creation process. I chopped the ingredients up, threw them in the blender, and voila!

It's very yummy. Mine turned out a little on the runny side, but perhaps it's supposed to be that way. Regardless, it tastes good. I only wonder how long it will be good for?

*I literally had to Google "clove of garlic" with this recipe, because I wasn't sure if a clove was the entire chunk of garlic, or just one of the little pieces within the chunk. FYI: it's just one of the little pieces.

Grade: A-
My masterpiece. I was so darn proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment