Monday, April 16, 2012

Creamy Crockpot Italian Ranch Chicken

It was a pretty monumental weekend for me, folks. I made THREE whole recipes, and all of them were edible. Yummy, even!

The Pin: Creamy Crockpot Italian Chicken

Like most moms, I'm pretty busy. Add the fact that I'm slow as heck in the kitchen, I need dinner ideas that are quick to prepare and have easy cleanup. The perfect solution for people like me is...the crockpot.

I actually kind of messed up with this recipe (leave it to me). I bought Ranch dressing mix instead of Italian. Oops. I wasn't certain how that was going to work out. The prep was incredibly easy, and I used one can of cream of chicken soup. Next time I may try a can and a half, to make the sauce a bit thinner and less cream cheesy. Also, it might be nice mix in some peas or another veggie.

I shredded the chicken and served it over plain pasta. I was 3 for 3 this weekend! My mother-in-law, who is notoriously picky, had some and enjoyed it, too. Apparently it didn't make much difference that I used Ranch mix. Still tasted yummy to me.

Grade: B+



No comments:

Post a Comment